Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Risks of Empowerment


Maybe some of you can relate to this. Anytime my grandmother checks her email, I receive a minimum of eight forwarded "jokes". Old age tales, inappropriate and politically incorrect pictures of overweight or elderly people, monologues filled with anti-Obama rhetoric, etc. If my inbox contains 10+ forwards, I end up feeling a little miffed for having to waste time deleting emails. Where as, if I only receive one or two, I may actually look at them. Today, I received four emails (code yellow), so I opened one, entitled "Spelling is Important", which contained the picture above. I got a laugh out of this email, not as much because of the "print-o" referring to loose women, but more at the thought of my grandmother finding this to be humorous enough to pass it along. Ultimately, I do not mind having to delete the periodic barrage of forwards, as long as I occasionally stumble upong a laugh, and as long as Grandma doesn't up and decide to get on Facebook.

No comments: