Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Great Debate

The hours are counting down until my phone upgrade becomes available with AT&T (although I am still bound to them until April). As many of you have seen recently, after the death of my sweet ass sweet Motorola Razr I have been using Tim O'Leary's old phone, a Nokia Beast. It's not actually called a Beast but lets just say its a newer version of Zach Morris' cell phone. I have two major complaints with the Beast: it takes forever (4eva) to send and receive a text message and the golf game on the phone is incredibly hard. Like, some of the holes are literally impossible. Thus, I eagerly await my phone upgrade tomorrow.

I have been pondering whether to get an iPhone or a Blackberry. As a very 'anti' person I naturally have not had an affinity to either of these products. However, I do see their practical use, particularly with my professional career right around the corner. The Blackberry is obviously a staple of the professional world, comes with navigation and has Blackberry instant messenger. It is also NOT an iPhone. The iPhone is being used more and more by businesses, also has navigation, and has many cool applications. It is also NOT a Blackberry. After a few weeks of interrogatories, I have decided to go with the iPhone. People seem to generally be happier with it.

As this is the final week of classes, students have the opportunity to fill out teacher evals. This is a chance to either appropriately praise or raze a professor or just apathetically fill in the bubbles. Although I do take the filling in the bubbles portion seriously, I rarely actually fill in the writing section on the back. Notably, my Negotiation professor (adjunct) bought us pizza before we were to fill out evals. Am I corrupt because I gave him a few higher marks? Maybe. But I was hungry. The few times I have felt compelled to fill in the writing section, I have done it thoroughly. I have praised some professors because I wanted to encourage them to continue their practice. On other occassions, I have ripped the professor a new you-know-what. It might be that most people are apathetic or too nice to leave a negative remark (even though it is anonymous) but I however do not refrain. I let them have it.

4 comments:

Paul said...

If you turn into some dweeb you downloads every application on the iphone you can find, I will hurt you. I will also hurt you if you spend all the time on the internet. Have fun not being blackberry friends with me.
Sent from my computer

P.S. I watched Home Alone last night.

Eric said...

The pizza tactic is a good one. I've also noticed how some professors give out the forms on the last day of class with about 1 minute left. Thus, nobody wants to sit around after class is over and articulate what a shitty professor he/she was, so they don't do the write in parts.

Jon said...

My favorite is the "i'll leave the room so you can be impartial" tactic. At UW they started doing them right at the beginning of class - counter to Eric, it was awesome because you had time to articulate how crappy they were, and you were cutting into the remaining minutes you had to spend w/ that person.

I still have a razr.

Jacqui said...

Does this mean you have AT&T (or something other than tThe network with the most 3G coverage in America)?