Sunday, January 18, 2009

Soap on a Rope

I've noticed that my skin is pretty dry. I was wondering why, because I have been drinking plenty of fluids. So I went to WebMD. 

Apparently showers and soap can actually make your skin dry. Hot water washes off the lipids that keep your skin moisturized. Soap can do the same. Accordingly, we shouldn't take hot showers - only lukewarm. Furthermore, soap should only be used on hands, feet, underarms and groin - the areas that get dirty or sweaty. 

Interesting, eh?

2 comments:

Eric said...

I had heard that. What makes it worse is that I usually shower twice a day. What also really dries out your skin is having the heat on all the time. Although I imagine that you San Diegites/San Diegoans don't have that problem with your mild winters.

Christy said...

Try a gentle and moisturizing body wash. As the seasons change, so should your beauty routine.