Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weak-end?

It is hard to tell that it is the weekend when you still have class and numerous hours of studying to do. Nonetheless, I still managed to get in a movie and watch the Chargers game. My only comment about the game was that the ball really did not bounce the Chargers way - like when it bounces off a player's helmet on a punt. 

I went to see The Spirit with my roommate because it was playing at a convenient time (not too late for me and early enough for him to still be able to go out). The movie was very entertaining and filled with beautiful women. It was not quite as cartoony as Sin City, so it was a little more realistic. I had no prior knowledge about the graphic novel, but the movie fills you in well enough. There were actually some humorous moments, which made it enjoyable. And of course, there was the mandatory Samuel L. Jackson screaming lines. My only complaint were the two individuals sitting behind me, who, to my presumption were high. They were laughing in the previews at horror/scary movies and at moments in the film that were not funny whatsoever. 

I have been studying in the Thomas Jefferson law library, to avoid any student distractions at USD as well as having to pay for another semester's parking permit. I did overhear though, that alumni can get parking passes for free. I'm not sure why I didn't pursue that before my three years post-undergraduation. Of interesting note at the TJ law library is the presumably transient individuals using the legal materials. I understand that the library is open to the public and a warm place, but I'm not sure of the nature of proceedings that they are working on. That is, whether they are working on something legitimate or whether they are disillusioned about their project. Nonetheless, my cable lock for my computer reassures any preconceived notions I might have. 


2 comments:

Jacqui said...

So, are you biking to and from your class?

Chad said...

I have not been biking to and from class. I did a test-run the Saturday before class and I realized that the road I was planning on taking ended, then started back up. To get around the detour I would have to go under the freeway, around the mall and then back over the freeway. It ended up being around 7 miles, and with the heavy-ass books I would end up being all sweaty for a 4 hour class. I want the next 7 weeks to be about preparing for the bar exam, and not riding my bike to and from the class. So I have been driving.