Monday, May 11, 2009

Great Expectations

See No Evil
On my bike ride back yesterday I rode past the Gator by the Bay at Spanish Landing. It actually looked like a lot of fun with cajun food and a ton of live music. Maybe I will go next year. However, the most interesting thing I saw was just a few blocks past the event. I saw a camouflaged bum doing the MC Hammer 'magic knees' dance. This is the closest video I could find.



Hear No Evil
Earlier in the day I had stopped at the Embarcadero to read my current book (Anthem by Ayn Rand). I stopped by a bench near a dock to enjoy the sun and any fly-overs from the Red Bull Air Race. Yet again, the most interesting thing that happened was the product of nearby passerby-ers. I noticed a couple that had suddenly stopped right in front of me. From the way the man was talking (and after looking at her ring finger), I knew they weren't married. The man had been talking about some fancy restaurant he always goes to. Meanwhile, they had walked directly behind where I was sitting and the conversation got weird. The man said something to the extent of the following: "Well the gentlemanly thing for me to do would be to walk you to your car and open your door. But your car is so far away. So you could get into my car and I would tie you up and ductape you." I'm sure he was trying to be funny, but with a complete stranger nearby, they are lucky I didn't call the police.

Do No Evil
On Friday night I caught a cab with Jordon and Mat. We found one right outside of Jordon's place, at 14th and Broadway. We told the driver that we were going to 10th and J. Yet when we got to 10th Street, the driver didn't turn. Mat pointed this out, to which the driver replied, "It's better to walk." We shrugged off this first error as a mistake. Yet when he passed 8th street (can only turn left on even streets) we began to get worried. Mat asked if the driver would take a dollar off the fare for the mistake, to which the driver replied, "You can't turn down 10th street." The driver turned right (the opposite direction from where we were going) on 7th street and stayed in the middle lane. Both Mat and Jordon told the driver that we needed to turn right and go down either 8th or 10th street. The driver remained in the middle lane with no turn signal or intention of turning right. At that moment we told him we are getting out and not paying - both of which we did.

1 comment:

Paul said...

I AM GLAD THE CAB DRIVER DIDN'T HAVE A MASK ON AND RELEASE SOME EXTRA STRONG MUTATED FORM OF SWINE FLU ON YOU.

YOU ALMOST WITNESSED A KIDNAPPING AND BECAME KIDNAPPED IN THE SAME WEEKEND.