Friday, May 1, 2009

I Like Turtles

From the very first time I smelled Old Spice Pure Sport, I knew I would use no other deodorant. It just smells amazing. Fortunately I have the armpit hair of a 12-year-old boy so I don't have to worry about anti-perspirant.  For shampoo, face wash, toothpaste, etc. - I always change it up. I am never satisfied with a single brand and product. However, I think Old Spice has done it again. The Old Spice body wash is pretty amazing - and I don't feel like a woman using some non-masculine product. For that matter, how was I tricked into using a luffa for an entire year before realizing I was breaking some man laws?

Normally I would add this character to the 'Downtown Crazies' section to the right, but I think I need more space to adequately describe this story. So a few days a week I run from my house, around the airport and then along the bay (about 4 or 5 miles). Normally on the PCH/Airport intersection  (across from the most expensive Shell station in town), there is a a man who sits on a stool and flags traffic to make it safer for pedestrians to cross. What is interesting about this man is that he is not commissioned by anyone to do it - he just does it. 


But yesterday there was another individual. As I was approaching him, he made a motion like he was throwing (imaginary) jacks (see picture above) into the intersection.  Either that or he was casting a spell upon all of the vehicles. He gave me enough room to run by, but he gave me a weird look. I was worried he would throw some 'jacks' at me. On my way back I could see him from a distance. This time his back was to the intersection, but his arm was straight out and his fist was clenched. I was worried he would either punch me or throw something at me. And I was right. As I ran by he made the throwing/casting motion directly in front of me. If I wasn't in the middle of a run I would perhaps have role-played with him. 

My household has now spent $55 on lighting for our Halfway to Halloween party. We have exchanged all of the lights in the house with either black or orange lights. Should be interesting to see what it looks like in the dark. We set up tiki torches all along the walkway and front yard. As for decorations, we were limited to what people had in their possession - as all the party stores did not have anything in stock (considering it is May). My only contribution was my George W. Bush mask that kind of looks like a jack-o-lantern. Either way, it should be a blast. 

2 comments:

Eric said...

What are you dressing up as? What do you think the spell was that he cast on you?

JordonH said...

Did anyone, ever, play jacks? This seemed like the most retarded game int he world.