Thursday, October 2, 2008

Flashes Before Your Eyes

I notice that a guy on top of the new UC building at USD is welding, which reminds me of my deteriorating eyesight. You see, I have done two things that probably have severely damaged my eyes. First, and I will admit it, when my good friend was dating a girl who worked at a tanning salon, she let us try out the tanning booths. I asked her if I needed goggles or anything and she said no. She didn't inform me that she meant to keep your eyes shut. So for the few minutes that I was in the booth I stared at my reflection in the glass. I guess that is very bad to do. Secondly, when I was in Guatemala we built a new school in San Antonio Aguas Caliente. There I learned, after several minutes of staring at the welding sparks, that you are not supposed to look at the light without eye protection. Well at least I didn't stare at the sun with binoculars (while wearing baby oil). 

I think tonight will be a make or break for the McCain-Palin ticket, unless they have some October surprise. There is so much build up to this debate and it will probably have more viewership than the McCain-Obama debate. Palin still appears to hold some rock stock popularity, although perhaps because people find her recent media appearances as entertaining rather than politically informative. I think on her own she could do fine, but she has had so much jammed into her head that she is thinking too much about what she is supposed to say. One thing that I like about Obama is also that he thinks about what to say before he says it. The difference in intellect between the two though is at least evidenced by their academic credentials. 

Links of the Day:
Warren Buffet (my theory of conscientious cyclical capitalism in action - social contract)

No comments: