Friday, October 17, 2008

Spaghetti on the Wall

Something I notice on the drive today - and I may be totally off on this - is that more liberals than conservatives actually put stickers on their car. This has two aspects: the actual presence of stickers and actually putting stickers on the outside of vehicles. Firstly, for a conservative area such as San Diego I expected to see more McCain stickers. I know that this is a bad time for Republicans due to W, but the election is still close. Secondly, today I saw a McCain sticker on the inside of a car window. Then I remember that my parents do the same exact thing. Does this have to do with 'preserving' the vehicle for resale, thus a conservative idealogue. I mean, the sticker could leave residue on the car. Liberals in contrast are more easy going, not caring about their belongings? However, as my father knows, there is goo-be-gone cleaners that gets rid of that stuff. I know from experience.

I keep hearing - at least from Fox News - that the media is 'biased' because they don't treat the two political parties the same. In particular they point out to a survey comparing jokes about the GOP to those about the Democrats. However, that fails to consider that this isn't an area that can be treated equally. That would entail both parties to each have equally funny/make funable policies, statements, characters, etc. I'm sure during the Clinton presidency that the Media had way more jokes about the Dems than the Repubs. It's just the ebb and flow of politics.

Well my new bluetooth headset has stopped working. I lost my old Motorola one at Pizza Port maybe a month ago so I decided to buy a $20 at Staples. The brand is Jabra - so you are forewarned. However, the headset has stopped working - at least properly. Hopefully I can exchange it at Staples because the documents that came with the headset - along with the website - are not helpful.


Links of the Day:

Warren Buffet

Dog Thoughts

Islam & Christianity

4 comments:

Paul said...

Why did you have your bluetooth inside pizza port? i think those should be left in the car.

Chad said...

I was talking on in when I got out of my car. Then I placed it in my pocket. But yes, I generally agree that bluetooths should be left in the cup holder.

JordonH said...

I'd like to hear more about the "liberal media elite." This term that conservatives tend to exploit, from my point of view, is hard to contest in an argument. If they write in your favor, you're damned. And if they don't, well then you're damned there too.

Chad said...

Maybe because the media are well-educated and intelligent and rational thinkers they tend to side with...like minds