Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Janja

There is much news since my last post. Most notably sports scores along with the survival of our nation. I see that the current movement is to re-categorize the bailout as a rescue. While I do understand that it would be a rescue of our financial (market) stability, I think that many Americans still see it as letting a bunch of greedy, irresponsible corporate managers off the hook. That's why, although each day the market falls Congress is to blame, I'm glad they are at least being conscientious and taking a hard look at the legislation. I just don't understand why after a failed vote on Monday, the next time the House can meet again to vote is Thursday. Shouldn't they be working around the clock, when the U.S. and world markets are tumbling?

The Ducks and Chargers won this weekend. The Ducks big over Wazzu (not WaMu, the now defunct bank). But the Chargers barely squirmed by the Raiders. At least LT looked like his former self in the fourth quarter. Meanwhile the Padres somehow managed less than 100 losses this season: 99.  

I have been noticing that more guys have buzz cuts nowadays. Although I did buzz my head earlier this summer (for my trip), I'm not sure how good it looks on me. A buzz cut by far is the most enjoyable, as it requires the least management. Perhaps I will flip a coin and let fate decide. 

I think I'm starting to like reggae music for some reason. I used to think it was for lazy pot smokers but a certain affinity with the music has grown with me. I guess maybe it helps me take my mind off of things and relax. 

Links of the day:

No comments: