Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Redneck

The Chargers are back! After two final-minute losses they got their act together and rolled the Jets. I would say Favre should have stayed retired but former Oregon QB Kellen Clemens had an interception on one of the few plays he was in on. Or maybe that attests to the domination of the Chargers. 

I had the opportunity to watch the game at Point Loma Sports Grille and Bar (or some variation of those words), where we were fortunately invited to enjoy the game in the 'back room.' The back room was nice leather couches with two flat screens and perhaps a degree or two too cold of air conditioning. Not exactly the sports bar feel but definitely enjoyable for watching a football game (no HD on the TVs is a recommended fix). More importantly though, the food service was terrible. I'm not sure if it was the back room or just the server, but it took around 90 minutes to get our food. 

On my way to work or school I have to get on the freeway, and at my onramp there is a traffic signal. Something I continue to notice is that people do not pay attention to the accompanying signage. The specific example at my onramp is that a green light permits two cars to get onto the freeway. For some reason, I don't know if it is language mastery or just plain non-attentiveness by drivers, I often see only one car enter the freeway on a green light. Of course this is frustrating for any of us, as we all are always in a hurry. 

Today I have the lovely pleasure of getting my fingerprints done at a Live Scan station. My Moral Character application will be complete and sent to the California bar later today. As I once heard a professor say, this "bar is very different and infinitely less fun." 

Links of the Day: 

1 comment:

Paul said...

no such thing as too cold air conditioning.

you should have complained and gotten your food free because it took so long.