Monday, September 15, 2008

Swim Cop

So my weekend was busy and I am already tired and looking forward to next weekend.

After the Padres game on Friday we watched the Pat Green concert. I was very impressed and it was pretty cool when Jake Peavy came on stage and played a couple songs with the band. Poor guy has a great ERA but a terrible record. Padres have always needed run support.

Saturday looked like the end of the Ducks perfect season but they somehow came back and won in double-OT. However, they are down to their 3rd, 4th and 5th string quarterbacks for the next 2-4 weeks. All I will say about the sodding Chargers game is that the officials technically made the right calls. Yes, it does seem completely unfair and the Charger's harmony in the universe is now tipping in their favor. Hopefully there will be an investigation into the malfunctioning of the replay equipment (fail-gate).

Counting Crows cancelled on Saturday night but Augustana and Maroon 5 played a good show in their stead. Tim's secret back way into Coors (now Cricket) was a great success. Only complaint was three drunk women listening to an iPod and singing out (very) loud (in Spanish) during the Augustana opening act.

Tina Fey was awesome as Sarah Palin. Michael Phelps was terrible at being anything but a swimmer.

New today in my world is wearing my watch on my right wrist. Not sure if this has to do with my desire to be left handed or just for a change, but I like it so far. My right wrist is bigger than my left one though. Something that always bothers me about wearing a watch is using a keyboard and mouse. The watch always seems to either be uncomfortable in that position or ends up scratching everything up.

Links of the day:
Economy
Who the hell is Pat Green?

2 comments:

Paul said...

imagine michael phelps being really drunk and passing out while shoving flapjacks in his face then drooling.
also, a friend of a friend who goes to michigan met him at a party. he asked phelps what he is majoring in, and phelps responded "getting p**ssy*

Eric said...

Yep, I am left handed and I always take my watch off whenever I use a computer.